Sunday, April 26, 2009

As I start my day I thought I would share with you another  glimmer of Greg wisdom.... A few minutes ago he came barreling up the stairs and excitedly yelled, "Hey Mom, I found the trick to the  ancient Zen Secret on Wii Fit!" I must have had a momentary lapse and forgot who I was talking to and for a quick moment wondered what magical insight he had stumbled upon. When I asked him what it was, he continued walking down the hall to his room, looked over his shoulder at me, shrugged and said, "Easy, just put a big heavy book on the board and  walk away." Ahhhhh my yoga loving friends and Zen Masters  everywhere are overjoyed to hear the news!
It is looking to be a good day with Greg conquering his demons on the Wii, Thomas and Julia playing in the backyard with the dogs and Mom and Dad enjoying their morning coffee on the deck. Julia is doing so well that I am actually getting a bit nervous about it. She was swimming all day yesterday with NO port and a ton of crazy curly hair on her head!!! That is something we have never experienced. It is going to take a lot of time to get used to another new normal, but I am not complaining! We don't head back to the clinic until the middle of next month, Tom has a new job and the kids are kicking into their spring routine at home and school. 
All of this being said, we still need to keep fighting for our friends and strangers that are battling childhood cancer. As we fought with Julia for 4 1/2 years, many people watched from the sidelines and cheered us on. Unfortunately some of those families learned firsthand what we were going through and more eventually will. At anytime your child, grandchild,  niece, nephew, neighbor, friend can be one of the thousands diagnosed with some form of pediatric cancer each year. I am promising to not only devote my life to my children, but to somehow continue  fighting against this scurge. 47 children will be diagnosed tomorrow alone. Two classrooms full of kids will be told they have cancer. 
Think about it and join me in the fight. Curesearch.org
We are off to enjoy our "New Normal" and are headed out to Challenger Baseball ... it's Picture day! This should be good! Enjoy the early peak at Summer minus the humidity! 
Peace,

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog - and LOVE the corny strawberry seeds analogy. Love you too!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete