Monday, May 20, 2013

Some fun easy recipes for your juicer!


I don't usually follow recipes anymore when I make my juices. I am pretty confident in what goes well with what and the type of tastes I like. I remember when I first started juicing though, being the rule follower that I am, I needed step by step recipes. Heaven forbid I should add more kale or celery than the recipe called for! With so many of you just starting out or inquiring, I thought I would scrounge around and list some of my beginner concoctions here. Please forgive me as I have long ago lost the original postings these came from and cannot credit the original sources. I m starting with the potent Green Juices and then adding a few my kids even like! Have fun with this though and think of it as more like a liquid salad, where you aren't so precise with measurements. Just add what you like and take away what you don't! 

A simple Green Juice 
  • 8 to 10 large leaves kale, collards, swiss chard or a combination
  • 1/2 bunch parsley
  • 3 stalks celery
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1/2 lemon, outer yellow peel cut away
My favorite beginner recipe and as I acquired a taste for Kale, I cut back on the Granny Smith Apples
  • 6 Kale Leaves
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 4 Celery Stalks
  • 2 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1 piece of ginger

Another Green favorite
  • handful spinach
  • 3 stalks of kale
  • 2 golden delicious apples
  • small handful parsley
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 cucumber

A super Green concoction
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 green chard leaf
  • bunch cilantro
  • 5 kale leaves
  • handful spinach
My kids Favorite ~ What's up doc?
  • 6 carrots

and Basic Apple

  • 3 apples 
  • 2 carrots
Another yummy that I will be making today!
  • 2 grapefruits
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 2 sticks of celery
  • 1 small bunch of fresh mint 
Remember to peel and wash your produce and buy organic if you can. Enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment